ニューアーク・トレントン高速線は、ニュージャージー州ニューアークからニュージャージー州トレントンまで、エリザベスとニューブランズウィックを経由して結ぶ都市間鉄道でした。この路線は、ニュージャージー州公共サービス公社の傘下企業である公共サービス鉄道によって所有・運営されていました。
パブリック・サービス鉄道が設立される以前は、この路線は複数の他社によって所有されていた。

トレントンでは、この路線は、ターミナル鉄道であるカムデン・アンド・トレントン鉄道の子会社であるトレントン・ターミナル鉄道が所有する線路を使用していた。この線路はウォーレン通りとステート通りの交差点から始まり、ウォーレン通り、ブリッジ通り、ユニオン通り、フェデラル通り、ランバートン通り、キャス通り、グランド通りとアデリン通りの一方通行区間、そしてリバティ通りを通って、オールデン通りの東にある私有地へと続いていた。
ニューブランズウィックの南にあるミルタウンのメインストリートとメチューチェンの南にあるメインストリートを結ぶ路線は、ニュージャージー・ショートラインによって整地されたものの、完成には至らなかった。パブリック・サービスによって路線が完成すると、ニューブランズウィックを通る既存の線路が、メインストリート、ミルタウン・ロード、ジョージズ・ロード、マイル・ラン・ブルックとラリタン・リバー鉄道の間の私有地、コマーシャル・アベニュー、サンドフォード・ストリート、スループ・アベニュー、ジョージ・ストリート、アルバニー・ストリート、ラリタン・アベニュー、ウッドブリッジ・アベニュー、そして再びメインストリートに沿って利用された。
エリザベスからニューアークまでの区間では、ベイウェイ、ブロードストリート、ニューアークアベニュー、フレリングハイゼンアベニュー、ミラーストリートとヴァンダープールストリートの一方通行区間、そしてブロードストリートを通る既存の線路も利用された。
Two branches on the line north of New Brunswick were built, one to Carteret and one towards Perth Amboy, both merging towards the north. The Carteret branch used shuttle operations, with a transfer at the junction with the mainline, but Perth Amboy trains ran all the way to Newark. On the Perth Amboy end, they used existing trackage from the end of private right-of-way along Woodbridge Avenue, East Avenue, Broad Street, private right-of-way south, west across West Avenue, and south along the east side of the CNJ line to the Woodbridge Creek bridge, then south on West Avenue and State Street, ending at Smith Street.
The Newark Public Service Terminal opened on May 1, 1916, and the line was rerouted to use it via a one-way pair on Green Street and Lafayette Street, and Mulberry Street to the upper level. The line was split at New Brunswick in January 1924, with a transfer required to stay on the route. When Public Service numbered their routes, it was #15-New Brunswick-Trenton and #47-New Brunswick-Newark, with #7-Carteret and #45-Perth Amboy on the branches. The line was taken out of the Public Service Terminal on June 11, 1933.
By 1927, experiments began with a rail-bus that had tires and train wheels; this was used by 1934. On January 16, 1936, trains stopped running south of New Brunswick; the line north of New Brunswick continued running until May 11, 1937. The right-of-way is now used for high-voltage power lines.